BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Can rabbits have 'bunny fits'?

Sometimes analyzing where my readers come from yields something just too interesting to let go. Someone from Uganda Googled the question that's the title of this post and, well, do it. BunnyBlab comes up second in the search results (if you don't put quotes around the whole question).

Person from Uganda -- I'd love to answer you, but I'm not sure what "bunny fits" are. They get moody, yeah. Kinda like humans, but I'm not sure that's what you mean. As I posted on a comment to the blog named in the While I'm at it... post, Hops saw me come home on Saturday from an entire week of being away. Instead of running up to his momma with kisses and requests (read: demands) for cuddles and pets, he grabs a raisin in a drive-by and hides under the bed for three hours. He just can't BELIEVE that I've gone away to have fun and left him. You know how some toddlers don't want to go to bed when company is over bc they're afraid they'll miss something? That's Hops when I go away for a few days. Which sucks, bc I really miss him when I'm gone. Patience always pays off. He gets over himself and comes to find me a few hours after I get home. So, yes, I'd call this a "bunny mood," but not so much a "bunny fit" probably.

Anyway, it's an interesting question and if anyone has any interpretations of the question so that I can answer it, I'd be more than happy to take a whack at it.

4 Comments:

  • At 7/22/2006 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    could it be as simple as binkies?

     
  • At 7/22/2006 1:21 AM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    BJ,

    That's as good a guess as I've got. Actually, better. Because I didn't really have a guess. :-D

    --D

     
  • At 11/06/2009 3:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I typed in bunny fits because ever time I change the bedding in my bunny's cage he throws his food (even his favorite) hay, and anything else in his way across the cage. I would say it looks as though it is a bunny tantrum or fit.... Maybe just a very hostile way of rearranging:O) Any ways when he does this, he is never ever mean or mad. I just don't understand his quick moves and scraping about the cage. He is a funny one:O)

     
  • At 11/10/2009 2:16 AM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    Hi, Rita!

    Yeah, buns are particular about their arrangements. After 5 1/2 years with Pea, I STILL can't get her cage right when I clean it. The places I think things should go are not the places she thinks they should go.

    For instance, I think the tissue box stuffed with hay should go between 2 of her litter boxes on the bottom floor (of 3) of her cage. She disagrees. No sooner than she gets in there after a cleaning, than she tosses the box into a litter box. See? I just don't know what I'm doing. She's clearly the expert. I'm just the dumb human. ;-)

    --D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home