BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

5-question bunny quiz

The BBC giveth and I taketh away. Take this bunny quiz and see how much you know about 5 very specific things about bunnies. Even though I picked the closest answer to the "truth" I know about their lifespan, I'm going to go with my answer, not the BBC's. Okay, fine. I'll give you one correct answer -- they live for 8-12 yrs if everything goes well. The right answer in the quiz is 5-10.

It won't prove anything (if you get them all right you could be a bunny genius or you could just know these 5 answers and not much else about them; OTOH, if you get them all wrong, you probably need to listen to some of my podcasts), so share your results by commenting on this post. I'm not saying it's true, but the BBC just said I must be a bunny expert. So that's Paul and the BBC. The list is growing... Eventually I may even start to say it. Or not. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 7/20/2006 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FWIW I think most British bunnies are housed outdoors?

     
  • At 7/20/2006 10:00 AM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    I just don't know the numbers in BC, so I'm no sure about "most," but it does seem like it's a lot more common over there. I blogged about Larry and Rita and their blog mentions a hutch, so you may be right, BJ. That would definitely account for the shorter lifespan.

    I've heard, from the HRS, I think, that the lifespan of a bunny in the wild is 1 year; outside in a hutch is about 3 yrs and inside is 8-12. So maybe even 5-10 is highballing it if that BBC quiz implied outdoor bunnies.

    Of course I just said "more common over there" (to keep buns outside), but we all know that there are PLENTY of hutch bunnies here in the U.S. Let's go rescue all of them, eh? ;-)

     
  • At 7/20/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Larry and Rita said…

    We live in our hutch at night time and use it as a base during the day, when we run around our yard. But when our owners are home we normally lounge around inside with them!
    L+R

     

Post a Comment

<< Home