BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Where did I go?

Hola, faithful readers! As I mentioned, I think, in a previous post, that I was going to move... Getting a three-story, 100-year-old house ready to move in takes a LOT of time. Never having painted a house before (the inside, folks, stick with me), I have to say the LOT of time it took was more time than I thought it would take. But I got done the night before moving day, which was this past Saturday. Needless to say, I didn't get a wink of sleep on Friday night, because of the packing frenzy. But we did it and I caught cat naps (meow!) on Saturday as those wonderful kids hauled our furniture and other heavy stuff. TG the new couches were delivered on Friday! ("I'll be over here napping if you need me.") Although, of course, I was the one directing the destinations of each piece of furniture, so these naps probably lasted about 5-10 minutes.

But we lived through it, although we only found the salt and pepper shaker last night. Paul had a meeting this morning that he couldn't find shoes for -- it's that kind of move. :-) Some remnants are still at my place, but they'll be coming over probably tonight. The fancy Internet connection still has some quirks (doesn't so much work in the master suite quite yet), but we'll get that ironed out.

All in all, it was an exhausting time. "But what about the bunnies?!" I hear you asking -- no worries. They're in a couple of travel cages with periods of run time (they'll get free run of the 3rd floor, but probably not until we've set everything up and bunnyproofed the wires and stuff). Hops is looking for lots of love; he's a bit unsure of whether we're staying here or just visiting. Kayla and Ariel couldn't care less where they are -- as long as they get to cuddle with each other and get their raisins and salads and breakfast. SweetPea is having a BALL exploring the boxes and figuring out new running routes between the misplaced furniture. I came out of the bedroom today to the middle room (I said it's a master suite, right?) and found Pea in my underwear drawer, which, of course, is not in a dresser, but rather on the floor -- the dresser's still at my apt. Piecemeal moving -- gotta love it. But they're having a great time. Pea and Hops are bunked up together and the twins are in another travel cage.

So we're basically moved and the bunnies are happy. Oh, and the painting got done on time -- miracles DO happen!

3 Comments:

  • At 8/08/2006 9:52 PM, Blogger BunnyLuver said…

    When we moved in to our first home, our bunnies Hated the smell of paint.

     
  • At 8/09/2006 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On More Hip Than Hippie, they talked about low VOC paint, and how it has fewer fumes....this might be good things for rabbit owners to know about....Lowe's carries it.

    When you get the chance, describe the house a bit more or post pics? Glad the buns aren't stressing out....how bad is the heat there?

     
  • At 8/15/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    The paint smell wasn't so bad, although the guy at Lowe's said that a big bowl in the middle of the room filled with white vinegar cuts the odor very quickly. Of course, it may make it smell like vinegar, then...

    Another use for the best and simplest cleaner! I'll post now about vinegar, watch...

    BJ -- You wouldn't WANT to see the house quite yet! :-) It's definitely coming together, but the sheer amount of boxes (most of them mine, I admit) still unpacked is just kinda unreal. When I get stuff put away, I'll def post some pix, and maybe also have time to describe it a bit more! =:-3 The heat was pretty much horrid when I was painting, but it cooled off GREATLY by moving day and has been quite cool (70s and 80s) since it came down from the 100s. UGH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home