BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hosing off cages

It only took me 4 weeks after we officially moved in to get the 3 pieces of the bunny condo cleaned up and assembled. The poor dears, having to dodge in and out of travel cages for shelter (they were free run, don't cry too hard).

Anyway, "nothing like a good hosing off" is what I always say. Well, not always; just this once. But my front yard, which consists of about 15 blades of grass and a garden along the front of the house but which nevertheless has a sprinkler system for some reason, was awash with, well, water. Remind me not to wear my fleece cloggy slippers from L.L. Bean the next time I do that. Man, those things were uncomfy when they got wet. At any rate, the power washing of the hose got most of the nasty stuff off the cage much faster than a paper towel and vinegar, which was always my only option. Now with my 15 blades of grass and my hose hook-up, well, let's just say I was thanking the patron saint of houses (or whatever the protestant equivalent would be) that I have a house now. And a hose. :-)

That was 2 weeks ago that I hosed them off and assembled the cages, complete with brand new rug. This is how busy I've been that I'm just now getting to post about it. Not that today's different. I'm currently in a rare hole between my meetings today -- all 7 of them.

One day (soon) I'll have to tell you about how cool PetRock was the weekend before last....

1 Comments:

  • At 9/25/2006 4:46 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Haha sounds familiar. I live in an apartment and I'm always using paper towels and vinegar to clean out my bunny's cage!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home