BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Carpet cleaners for pet stains

If you have bunnies on any type of carpet, even the most litter-trained bunny in the world will make a mistake or two. Especially if/when you change their environment. Even a "misplaced" food or water dish may send your bunnies peeing out of the box (which is nowhere as good as thinking out of the box).

For bunny pee stains, I love Spot Shot. But it's a bit expensive when you buy it in quantity. Also, it's a spray bottle, so you never get as much as you think you will.

So I've used a lot of white vinegar, which is what I use to clean litter boxes. Vinegar is the miracle cleaner -- it dissolves bunny pee (and whatever other stain/dirty spot you have in your house) like magic with a few minutes of soaking.

On my recent shopping excursion to Stateline Pet Supply store in Plaistow, NH (about an hour from my house, but WELL WORTH the trip in savings, even with $4/gallon gas) this past weekend, I found Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover. Stateline is a great store -- big 50L bags of Carefresh are $14.99 instead of $21 at, well, anywhere else.

At any rate, they had a display of Nature's Miracle. I bought a quart bottle of it for $5.49. "It's worth it if it works," I thought. Fast forward to tonight -- and my decision to buy it by the gallon next time I'm at Stateline. Nuff said.

If you have access to this cleaner by you, pick some up. It's magic for bunny carpet stains. And it's crazy quick. Soak the rug with it, full strength, wait anywhere from 2-5 minutes (and this is for set in stains!), and rub it out. Voila. Stain gone.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 5/21/2008 10:50 AM, Blogger Virginia Hill said…

    Hi Dana,

    Great post! I've been using Nature's Miracle for 25 years. Not only for animal related messes, but for most other organic based stains. It is amazing stuff. I've tried other products through the years, but always return to Nature's Miracle. I also have used it to clean up 'good bunny' mistakes. No harm, no foul with this stuff. Thanks!

     
  • At 5/21/2008 12:29 PM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    Virginia, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it until now! But a quart bottle of it costs like $10 at Petco, so I was happy to find the same bottle at Stateline for $5.49.

    I recommend people research the smaller, privately owned pet stores, which may have better prices on some of the "stuff" we go through on a regular basis with the buns.

    I hope you don't spend tons of money on your N's M, Virginia!

     
  • At 5/21/2008 1:12 PM, Blogger Virginia Hill said…

    Dana, have you looked into KV Vet: http://www.kvvet.com? Their prices are extremely competitive plus most items don't have shipping costs. Orders of $50 or more don't incur any surcharge. They don't have many rabbit products, but for the cross-species items it may help with expenses.

     
  • At 5/21/2008 11:55 PM, Blogger Deb Cushman said…

    This is great information. Thanks, Dana.

     
  • At 5/23/2008 10:55 PM, Blogger RG said…

    Boy, that is great reporting .. one thing the House of Rabbits needs is more and better cleaning tips and supplies!!! A hired hand would be good as well!

     
  • At 4/04/2019 6:44 AM, Blogger juststeamitcleaners said…

    Informative blog shared by you. Get your carpet clean by San Antonio carpet cleaners who provide the best quality carpet cleaning services.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home