BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

BunnyBlab, episode 5: What should I feed my bunny?, part 1 (hay and salad)

DOWNLOAD OR LISTEN TO EPISODE 5

Bunnies are no one-trick wonder when it comes to food. Variation in their diet is key to good nutrition. What do the little guys eat, after all? Episode 5 of BunnyBlab will talk about varieties of hay and fresh veggies.

Paul and I talked about going geocaching (straight up a mountain). Check it out!

We talked about Oxbow Hay, which is mail order and also in select pet supply stores. Let Oxbow Hay educate you on hay varieties.

Here's HRS' salad list, so check it out and try out the veggies with your bunny one at a time, so you can see if they like it or not.

My list of the usual salady suspects:
  • red leaf lettuce
  • green leaf lettuce
  • romaine lettuce
  • chickory (aka endive or curly endive)
  • escarole
  • dandelion greens
  • broccoli rabe (mostly leaves and stems)
  • carrot tops

Garnishes:
  • dill
  • parsley
  • radish greens
  • bok choy (aka Chinese cabbage)
  • collard greens

Every other week(ish) (Vit A veggies):
  • kale
  • spinach

No Zantac. :-)

Does your bunny have a favorite veggie? Email me!

Episode 6 coming next week. The second part of the "What should I feed my bunny?" series will talk about pellets and treats.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home