BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Greyhounds in New England

So I figured out (with the advice of a few greyhound-owning friends) that I really need an organization that fosters the animals, that is, gets to know each "dogality" really well. Like I said before, I really can't have a new pup going for SweetPea or Bandit. Also, since it is the "first" (Paul goes, "First?! How many are we planning on getting?!") greyhound we're getting and that adjustment will be big enough, I also think it's a plus for a dog to know how to climb up stairs, live in a home, etc., which they don't know right from the track. Fostering teaches them all these wonderful things (so we don't have to).

I know of only two organizations that foster their greyhounds before adoption in New England. Both seem like really terrific options for me.

One of them is Greyhound Welfare (based in the Chesapeake Bay area, but also have a branch of operations in New England) and the other is We Adopt Greyhounds, which I found through GreyTalk.

I'm working with both of these organizations right now to see if there's a grey out there who may fit with our home.

Do you know of any others? If so, please comment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home