BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Podcasting is my life (now)

I'm not kidding... I sat for two whole days at the Podcast Academy and can't tell you how cool it was to hear from some of the great minds in the podcasting industry -- Doug Kaye of IT Conversations and all of The Conversations Network (whose goal it is to record all the public speech in the world -- not so much a lofty goal as a respectable one); Michael Geoghegan of Grape Radio (Jannine, Dad, Liz and Scott -- you guys have to get in on this!!), the Official Disneyland Resort Podcast and his own blog; Steve Garfield of video podcasting and vlogging fame (one of the more interesting ideas he showed us was a blog he made for his 80-year-old mom called My Mom's Blog, including a video section called "I Can't Open It.") The IQ of the room was impressive and I was sure to soak all of it in.

Not only will it help me professionally (podcasting is my life lately!), but with BunnyBlab, too... I'm planning on recording the first ep with Paul in the next day or two. This blog will count as the show notes, but I'll also make a landing page for the podcast series, so no worries about having to muddle through a million blog posts to find the archive. I've got it all worked out (she says, before she totally redoes her whole plan after releasing one)!

Besides that, I met two very nice guys from Nova Scotia and the Acadia University, where they're trying to figure out how to use podcasting in education. Good luck, Robb and Jerry!

4 Comments:

  • At 4/30/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Paul Gillin said…

    Bunnyblab will rock, now that you know the intricacies :-)

     
  • At 5/01/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    How many ppl can go into a podcast series with the combined amount of knowledge that we have, right, Babe? (Again, she says this before recording and releasing the first 'cast.) We'll see how much the thing morphs in the first 5 eps...

     
  • At 5/02/2006 1:23 AM, Blogger Steve Garfield said…

    Hi Dana,
    Podcast Academy was great fun. Thanks for the link!
    --Steve

     
  • At 5/02/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    OMG! Steve Garfield commented on my blog... How cool is he?!

    The PA got me all psyched to get going with these podcasts. The idea was only created in February... apparently a 2 1/2 month gestation time was adequate.

    Nothing like a few gurus to light a fire under your ass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home