BunnyBlab

Where I blab about bunnies and encourage your bunny (and other animal) stories.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Welcome

When I sign up for anything online and it has an "interests" field, I always repeat "bunnies" in the list. Sometimes like three or four times. Am I obsessed? Let's look at the facts.

I have a one-bedroom, 600-square-foot apt. I have four bunnies (or, rather, they have me). I have 5 cages for my kids, but only one bunny is ever enclosed in one of the cages and that's just when I'm not here or sleeping. When ppl walk into my cluttered apartment for the first time, they usually do a doubletake. I invariably say, "Yeah, but half this stuff is for the bunnies." The truth is, it's probably more than half. The little rugrats have taken over my life more voraciously than kudzu. But you'll never hear me complain (well, sometimes on litter box day). I love 'em too much. (Although, really, would it just kill them to grow an opposable thumb and pitch in with the litter boxes??!?!)

I find I have loads of stories to tell about my kids. Today, for instance, Ariel and Pea became a big ball of noisy rolling fur. Oh, it was fun trying to separate the warriors (or rather, the instigator and her big sis, who's almost half Pea's size and who doesn't "take no crap from no one") while they were rolling with each other under the bed. Ariel literally ran into my arms after the tussle and sagged into me for snuggles and soft talking and pets and kisses; she laid her head on my arm when I held her in my lap -- safe. Not sure who won the fight, but it got both of them all exhausted. (They both got some Momma cuddles as a consolation prize.)

Oh, and the verdict to the "Am I totally obsessed" question? Yeah, totally. Crazy Bunny Lady. Let the names come. Bring it on! It's nothing my kids don't already know about me. And to certain people, it makes me more endearing. (I hang out with some nutty people, I know.)

So, welcome to my blog. May bunny stories fly! Feel free to comment, of course...

3 Comments:

  • At 5/02/2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Dave Pye said…

    God help us. The bunny lady has a creative outlet. Lemme go get a carrot and I'll be right back.

     
  • At 5/02/2005 11:34 PM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    Well, it's only fair... I was the first to comment on your blog and look how freakin' cool it got. So thanks for blessing mine with your wit, Pye! (God, I love this kid...)

     
  • At 5/03/2005 10:41 AM, Blogger Dana Gillin said…

    Now why didn't I think of that, Gillin?! Consider yourself hit up. Oh, wait... consider yourself hit? No, that's not right either. "Gimme more money so's I can buy my kids more toys and treats." There. That'll do it.

    As far as the "there's aren't many people like you" crack, you'd be surprised... There's a few crazies -- I mean, er, um, bunny-loving people -- out there. But way to burst my bubble there right off... You're a pal. ;-)

    As far as rent goes, yeah, I do. For the girls, it's just Bunny Butt, but for Hops is lots and lots and lots of kisses. Like, lots. I think he thinks he has to make up for the girls giving me the Butt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home